Mr Mark Howson
- Forename: Mark
- Surname: Howson
- Primary Position: Senior Geologist
- Secondary Position: Competent Person for Resource estimates
Mark is a Consultant Mining Geologist improving exploration, due diligence and evaluation projects, and mining operations.
He is Secretary of Pan-European Reserves & Resources Reporting Committee (PERC) representing the Geological Society of London, also PERC delegate to CRIRSCO, the international parent body of Australasian JORC, South African SAMREC, European PERC, Canadian NI 43-101 etc. He is qualified to report mineral resources as a Competent Person (CP) under JORC Code and qualified to be a CP or Qualified Person (QP) for a range of minerals.
He offers 39 years of innovative technical achievements in geology, mineral resources, mine projects, planning and operation, from very large to small-scale, with international companies. In consulting and advisory roles, as well as full-time employment Mark has worked with about 50 operations in 25 countries in 6 continents. He has especial expertise in:
• Transition from exploration, geophysics, geochemistry etc. to project development
• Due-diligence (DD), Order-of-Magnitude (OoM) & Pre-Feasibility Studies (PFS)
• Drilling method selection, planning, safety, quality, environmental & legal aspects
• Sampling quality, preparation & assaying; logging, mapping, data management
• Geological modelling, geostatistics, estimation & reconciliation with production
• Mining & process strategy, mine planning, layouts & scheduling, grade control
• Geotechnical modelling ('Q', 'RMR' etc.) for mine development & block-caving studies
• Software & mathematics development and application for geology and mining
• Mineral Resources evaluation, reporting, documentation & risk analysis
• Leadership, teamwork, training and mentoring in these activities.
Products include copper, gold, lithium, borates, talc, trona, vermiculite, potash, molybdenum,
zinc, nickel, cobalt, PGMs, titanium, iron, coal, diamonds, lead, silver, tin and uranium.
- BSc Mining Geology
Royal School of Mines, Imperial College, London
- English: 10
- Spanish: 5
- French: 3
* N.B. Language skill is scored on a scale between 1 and 10.Return to list of key staff
if you would like to contact this individual, please use our contact form.Get in touch