Mr. Owen McIntyre
- Forename: Owen
- Surname: McIntyre
- Primary Position: Environmental Lawyer
- Secondary Position: International Law on Fresh Water Resources and Waste
Owen McIntyre is a Lecturer in Law and Director of Environmental Law Programmes and Research. He has ten years experience in academia as well as extensive experience of legal drafting and training in Eastern European and the CIS. His specific relevant experience includes:
Widely published in national, EC and international environmental law, policy and related issues;
Senior legal consultant to a number of projects involved with implementation of E.U. and international environmental standards in C.I.S. and C.E.E.C. countries;
A long-standing research interest in the area of shared international freshwater resources (and in the law and practice surrounding the related concepts of ‘equitable utilization’ and ‘appreciable harm’ in particular);
Extensive experience of training in environmental law to legal, technical, regulatory and other environmental professionals;
Experienced in training and working with both governmental and non-governmental institutions;
Experience of parliamentary lobbying and of liasing with policy-maker at all levels;
Experienced in creating consultancy and training links between industry and training institutions;
Good administrative and project management skills;Experience of legislative drafting;
Experience of identifying and executing law reform initiatives;
Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills; and Excellent research skills and considerable experience of policy analysis and formulation.
- B.A. (Hons) (2:1) Law, Sociological and Political Studies LL.B.
- (Hons) (2:1) Specializing in EC and International Law Ph.D.
- “International Law Relating to the Utilization, Development and Environmental Protection of International Freshwater Resources"
- English: 10
- French: 6
* N.B. Language skill is scored on a scale between 1 and 10.Return to list of key staff
if you would like to contact this individual, please use our contact form.Get in touch